Why choose Functionize?
Here is what you can (and should) expect from your pelvic health therapist:
• Private, one-on-one pelvic physical therapy with a dual board-certified specialist.
• Single-visit or multi-visit options at reduced rates.
• Pelvic physical therapy sessions combined in a package with other supportive services:
o Nutrition with a registered dietician
o Yoga therapy
o Dry needling
o Running analysis
o Sex therapy with AASECT-certified therapist
o RedCord and TRX training
• Community education programs and support groups.
• Support in filing for insurance benefits.
• An advocate to assist in navigating recovery / health options including priority access to the physical therapist via phone, email or video.
• Direct communication with your other caregivers.
How do I start pelvic physical therapy?
Just call for an appointment! Elizabeth sees patients at Functionize Health and Physical Therapy in Decatur, GA. Our office staff will help you schedule an appointment and discuss any questions you may have regarding our location and your visit.
Please note the following:
- All of our forms (medical history and office/insurance paperwork) are available online at the Functionize Health website. Please fill these forms out at home and bring them with you to the initial session. (It will save you time!)
- Full direct access to physical therapy services in Georgia, without requiring a physician referral, went into effect in July, 2015. However, many insurance companies still require referral by a medical physician, so please bring it with you to your appointment if you have it.
- We are considered out-of-network for insurance companies and the amount you may be reimbursed depends on your individual plan. What this means – you may submit a superbill from your visit with us to your insurance company to be reimbursed (if you have those benefits), you may use your HSA or FSA funds, or use CareCredit. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office for clarification!
What should I expect on the first visit?
- Your first visit usually lasts approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. We will spend time discussing your medical history and any other relevant background information for the condition.
- Your physical examination will include a thorough orthopedic physical therapy screening combined with a pelvic-specific examination including internal assessment (vaginal and/or rectal as appropriate to diagnosis).
- We will discuss your findings and develop a realistic plan of care based on your physical presentation, your goals, your schedule and needs. Treatment will be completed during the evaluation as appropriate and you can expect to be sent home with homework and/or resources to review.
- Follow-up visits will be planned at that the first visit. These usually range from 45-60 minutes in length – the frequency of visits depends on your particular condition and acuity of the symptoms.