How do I start pelvic physical therapy?
Just call or email for an appointment (starting in mid-May 2018)! Elizabeth sees patients from all over the southeast. She is located in the Druid HIlls / Emory area of Atlanta, GA. We will help you schedule an appointment and discuss any questions you may have regarding our location and your visit.
Please note the following:
- Full direct access to physical therapy services in Georgia, without requiring a physician referral, went into effect in July, 2015. However, many insurance companies still require referral by a medical physician, so please bring it with you to your appointment if you have it.
- We are considered an out-of-network provider for insurance companies and the amount you may be reimbursed depends on your individual plan. What this means – you may submit a superbill from your visit with us to your insurance company to be reimbursed (if you have those benefits). You may also use your HSA or FSA funds. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office for clarification!
What should I expect on the first visit?
- Your first visit usually lasts approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. We will spend time discussing your medical history and any other relevant background information for the condition.
- Your physical examination will include a thorough orthopedic physical therapy screening combined with a pelvic-specific examination including internal assessment (vaginal and/or rectal as appropriate to diagnosis).
- We will discuss your findings and develop a realistic plan of care based on your physical presentation, your goals, your schedule and needs. Treatment will be completed during the evaluation as appropriate and you can expect to be sent home with homework and/or resources to review.
- Follow-up visits will be planned at that the first visit. These usually range from 45-60 minutes in length – the frequency of visits depends on your particular condition and acuity of the symptoms.