Does Out-of-Network Mean You Don’t Take Insurance?
Short answer? No. Some people consider “out-of-network” (OON) to translate directly to “no coverage”. That is simply not the case. “In-network” means your health care provider has signed a contract with your insurance company. “Out-of-network” just means there is no such contract.
Most importantly, using OON benefits allows you and your provider to decide what your best plan of care will be – without the insurance company dictating those parameters.
Here are some OON facts for you:
- Many clients receive reimbursement, varying from 20% all the way to 95%.
- Your HSA or FSA cards can be used.
- Filing can seem intimidating, but is quite easy to do. You just clip an invoice to a form and mail it to the insurance company. Or even easier – it can all be done online through your insurance website!
- A Good Faith Estimate is available on request.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office for clarification.